Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sand in our pants





So today we did something I didn’t even know you could do: we went toboaggoning on sand. Yep. Sand, I say.

The White Sand Park sand dunes of Arizona stretch on for miles. Pure white, soft piles that you could easily get lost in if you have a poor sense of direction. That in itself is pretty coo,l but when I saw that the gift shop was selling sleds, I was intrigued. And when I found out they even sell blocks of wax to make you go faster, I was sold. We picked up three of them without too much hesitation (two of them were used and when you return them by the end of the day, you get part of your money back).

The three of us, along with Muppet, ran up the hill, crossed our legs on the sleds, wiggled to the teetering point, leaned back and blasted down the hill! Whoohoo! Hill after hill we conquered, laughing, wiping out and rolling over ourselves. It was just what we all needed to really let go and de-stress from the driving and close quarters.

Jaxon’s been begging to go back tomorrow and while we won’t go tomorrow, if time allows, we just might be tempted to take a second crack at those hills later in our trip.

On a side note, I think we’ll be finding bits of sand in our van for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment